Sunday, August 23, 2009

August 23



Back in college, I took a couple of photography classes, one in Ansel Adams's famous Zone System. At time, I was almost positive that I was the next Ansel Adams (even though I was studying architecture, and was attending university that didn't even HAVE a fine arts program).

My friend Mark and I would wander around the central Texas countryside taking pictures - nearly the same way that my friend Carlos and I do now. (Except back then, I drove around in a Pinto.)

This photography, which is a little trippy, is a shot of a photograph that I made one of those afternoons with Mark. As near as I can recall, we'd found an out-of-business roadside bar-b-que stand and I concentrated on documenting the minutiae... again, sort of like I do now...

Lubbock, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment