Monday, August 17, 2009

August 17



This the west side of Forrest Heights United Methodist Church, the church I grew up in. The tall narrow windows on the left are in the Fellowship Hall, where my wedding reception was held. That's easy to remember.

Those other windows, on the second floor, are in my old second grade Sunday School room. Don't ask me to explain how THAT bit of data still resides in my head, but it does. And not only that, but I am almost positive that our teacher that year was named Mrs. Brenneman.

Lubbock, Texas

2 comments:

  1. I bet Mrs. Brenneman made a mean jell-o salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about that - but I can look it up! Also, her husband was the "mean" usher who tried to steer the church youths to sit toward the front of the sanctuary. It never worked.

    ReplyDelete