Sunday, November 1, 2009

November 1



I have been working on this little roadside cross project for something like twelve years. It is a combination of digitally-manipulated images and poetry, and it was completely stalled out. It was so stalled out, in fact, that I was very close to abandoning the written parts, and turning it into a photography project.

Until the week before last, when I spent a week-long writing retreat working on it. During the retreat, I deconstructed the project, then rebuilt it. It's got a different focus now, and I think a stronger one.

I have divided the images into sections, and that is what is in the photograph: long taped-together photographs, by section. They are hanging on the closet door in my office, rustling in the breeze from the ceiling fan.

I am ready to work on it now: that writing retreat could not have come at a better time.

Lubbock, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment