Sunday, March 15, 2009

March 15



The Bridal Shoppe - you can tell it's fancy because of the fancy spelling. When I was little, we passed the shoppe frequently and I always gazed in awe at the puffy white dresses in the window.

My mom sewed my wedding dress, so I have never been inside the store. And it wasn't until earlier today that I found out the corner window of the place has a fine view to the alley and the trash dumpsters. Makes me think the spelling needs to revert to just plain "shop."

Lubbock, Texas

2 comments:

  1. Cut the shoppe some slack. We don't all have mothers who sew. I bought my dress there in 1979 and Courtney got hers there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK! Maybe I am still dealing with issues related to homemade clothes (see also February 9 post).

    ReplyDelete