Friday, February 20, 2009

February 20



I know it's vandalism. I know I ought to disapprove.

But I really LIKE train graffiti.

Each new piece of rolling art opens up a lot of questions. How far has the car traveled since it was painted? Will the artist ever see it again? How long did it take? Was the design thought about in advance? Was it blocked out with chalk before being painted? Do they photograph their work?

And this one makes me wonder why the "A" is upside down, and if the artist will get to finish the dark outline on the A, I, N, and S. And then that makes me wonder if there is some kind of professional reciprocity amongst boxcar artists - will someone else finish outlining the letters?

And then I wonder if I will ever see VILLAINS again.

down by the tracks
Lubbock, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment